Monday, February 13, 2023

Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber Review

I normally don't go for Bath and Body Works offerings. Back in the day, I used to. Back in the day is my high school days and that was in the mid to late 90's. Bath and Body Works was new to the scene and Cucumber Melon was all the rage. Bath and Body Works did offer tons of things that still smelled really good. But something happened some time in the 2000's when they started discontinuing a ton of stuff and the quality changed along with the price.

Yesterday, a package from Bath and Body Works arrived in the mail. I nabbed some had lotions for Mother's Day and for a birthday. On the day that I ordered, I decided to throw a fragrance mist in and the Sensual Amber sounded pretty good to me.

For the price point, I wasn't expecting the clouds to part and the angels to start singing. And those things didn't happen. Even though the notes don't list vanilla as a note, I get a strong vanilla vibe from this. I'm thinking that the amber and the sandalwood might be doing that to my nose or maybe the orange flower could be doing that to my nose. Even though vanilla isn't my thing, I find this wearable. Sensual Amber isn't ground breaking in any way but Bath and Body Works isn't revolutionary any more in terms of new things. Bath and Body Works seems to play it safe when releasing new stuff. Sensual Amber sits close to my skin and lasts about 8 hours on my skin.

For 8 ounces being priced at $16.50, I think that it is something decent and wearable. But I think that Bath and Body Works has kept the fragrance mists at a reasonable price. The shower gels and lotions are up for debate in terms of price. Maybe not something I would reach for too often. The reviews on the Bath and Body Works website say that this is sensual but I am not smelling anything sensual about this one. Maybe because I have worn too much MKK or BaV and that has thrown my sensual meter in a different direction. I probably won't be buying another bottle or the body lotion or gel. But again, it's decent and I'm not exactly blown over by it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment