Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Guerlain Teardrop Bottle

Did you ever find yourself wishing that certain perfume companies would either change or bring back a certain bottle design? This is one of those times that I do wish exactly that. It's a rare thing that I do think about bottle designs.

Chanel has always been consistent with their bottle designs. And most perfume companies have always been pretty consistent with that in terms of packaging. But the one perfume company I wish would bring back a bottle design is Guerlain. Specifically their teardrop bottle design.

There is something that I absolutely love about the teardrop design for some reason. For the past few days, I have been wearing vintage Shalimar from the teardrop bottle. There is something alluring about dabbing perfume. I find dabbing perfume to be sensual about it. It doesn't matter if it's an edt or a parfum version, it's just a sensual act to me for some odd reason.

Guerlain is a very old perfume company that has gone through so many bottle changes through the years. But I find that I like the teardrop bottle the best. After poking around, it almost seems like the teardrop bottle always seemed to be the best bang for your buck in terms of sizes available. I have some various sizes of some vintage Guerlains and most of them are the larger sizes. There is something aesthetically pleasing to see when I see a teardrop bottle on my dresser. I have no idea why Guerlain had decided that they were going to discontinue that type of bottle sometime in the 90's. I have a couple of the clock/watch EDC bottles but those are not so pleasing to the eye when I actually pull one out and use them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment