Sunday, March 5, 2023

Still Sick and Taxes

Now my head cold has been upgraded to a sinus infection and an ear infection. The ear infection thing is a new thing to me. I usually do the bronchitis and sinus infection route. I haven't had an ear infection since I was 12 and that was 28 years ago. So I started some antibiotics and my ass is getting kicked right now due to the whole thing.

Last Sunday, I figured that I would just bite the bullet and file my taxes. Since the Covid tax stuff has ended, my tax refund is going to be smaller, even by pre-pandemic standards. But I am happy that I am getting a refund.

I do have plans for that cash. Paying my cell phone bill early, some groceries, pay down Afterpay and get a bottle of perfume. The short list is Gris Charnel, PHI Une Rose de Kandahar and Au Coeur du Desert. I haven't made a decision yet, the money has to be in my account first before I can go make one. What I hate the most about filing taxes and getting a refund, is the waiting. The IRS has a lovely little thing where I can track my tax return progress. The worst part of that is the "return received" part. I wait days and check at least two or three times a day to see if I get to the approval part. When it comes down to the approval part, I have a date on when that money will be in my bank account. It's just the waiting thing that really makes me anxious. Maybe because I am so used to getting paid every week and with the refunds, there is no date on when that money will be in my bank account.

Patience has never been a virtue of mine, it never was a virtue. This is one of those things that I would rather have now so I can really start shoring up some things. It's just going to be a rough couple more days of checking to see what the story is. But I do know that another bottle of no 5 is not on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment