Monday, April 29, 2024

Moving Shit Around

 I don't know who knows, but I have a grandmother who has dementia. On Wednesday, we had to start moving some things into her new room at her new memory care unit. The skilled nursing place wasn't really taking care of her. Thursday was the day when she moved in as well with more belongings. 

At this point, I am livid. What was sprung on me is that I had to give up my tall dresser. Then I had to take apart my smaller dresser because I am supposed to get new dressers. If I wanted new bedroom furniture, I would have said so and got it. Does anyone know what it is like trying to move heavy furniture that you still want to hang on to and use? I don't think my mother quite understands the amount of time and brute strength it takes to move large, heavy pieces of furniture up and down flights of stairs.

Since I am functioning with two little nightstands that are covered with candles. I managed to do a little shuffling (used up) and crated a tiny space for 5 bottles of perfume that I did manage to liberate. Yeah, with how everything is, I can't get to 99% of my collection. I have Ubar, Lyric, Mitsouko, Courtesan and a bottle of Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon. It's probably the oddest lineup that I have ever created.

Since I am dresser-less, I have to start going through the trash bags of clothes and figure out what I want to keep, throw out or donate. But that is going to have to wait right this second, I have a few other things that I need to take care of. What kind of sucks, besides having things being all over the place, it lack of access. I don't have the access to most of my perfume collection, I do have access but how motivated am I to move tons of things out of the way to get to what I am looking for. I don't like the fact that I don't have the space to burn candles safely. I'm not willing to risk setting the house on fire because one of the dogs knocked over a candle by either wagging their tail or roughhousing. 

Let's hope that I can find another perfume to add to that odd collection. I don't think my coworkers would appreciate Ubar or Mitsouko. I am not sure my parents would appreciate that either now that it's going to stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment