Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Saving Money Sucks...Kinda

Ever since I made the decision to file for bankruptcy, I have been making some strides in saving money. What is pretty much making me save money is the fact that it's in my best interest to get a lawyer for the bankruptcy. They know the ins and outs of this stuff and I don't.

Since tax day happened almost 10 days ago, I have only gotten my state refund and tomorrow I will getting the federal refund. In years past, I would have plans for that those refunds. Those plans were spending it but I had a plan to spend it on certain things. The first thing was to pay my cellphone bill and get some dog food and the rest would be spent on candles and perfume. But that's pretty much gone and the refund is going for the lawyer and bankruptcy fees. It is hard to see that money sitting in my bank account and I can't spend it. Well, I can spend it but it's not a very wise idea.

So this saving money thing kind of sucks. I've had to say no to a few candle sales, I've had to tell my perfume to buy list that they are going to have to wait a while. I mostly by passed the Sephora spring sale and only got a hand lotion and lip gloss. Yes, I want to get those things but I can't quite justify blowing any kind of money on fun things. I am allowing some fun things but I have to keep an eye on the cost and how often I am doing those fun things. I have had to restructure my grocery shopping and tried to cancel my Barkbox subscription. Barkbox is only allowing me to skip 2 months of Barkbox. I might not exactly be thrilled and it's on a couple levels. They made it damn near impossible to just cancel and not so thrilled not to see my dogs tear around the house with their new toys every month. But I think that it's mostly the little purchases that get me in the end. It's not like things were almost 10 years ago. I was working more and that meant that I had more disposable income and credit cards. And that was the beginning of many years of money mismanagement. And now I am paying for that 10 plus years of money mismanagement. I hope things will get a little bit better and I am able to ignore the Bath and Body Works semi annual sale. I would really like to finish off some of my candles before I get more of them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment