Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Purses

Lately, I have been observing women and noticed their purses. I'm not looking to rob anyone, but I have been looking at purses. It has gotten me to wonder on why so many women insist on carrying a huge purse. These purses are so big that they almost resemble suitcases or dufflebags. When I was a broke student going to a community college, my messenger had to double over as a purse since all the money that I made went to my tuition and books. So there wasn't money leftover to go and get a purse. I have observed that many women carry Coach purses. A Coach factory outlet store is no more than 20 minutes from where I live so it is natural for many women to get a purse from the Coach factory outlet. Then I have to beg the question of why did you go to Coach? There is a K-Mart, Kohl's department store, Target, and Walmart stores that are much closer and not to mention cheaper. I have seen the purse selection at K-Mart, Target, Kohl's, and Walmart. And sadly, the selection sucks. The selection sucks on so many levels. The quality of the purses are not worth the price. I am not paying $20-100 on a purse that may last only 2 or 3 months. I want a quality purse that is going to last me for a few years.

In the past few months, I have looked at my Coach outlet store and their selection isn't that great anymore. It just seems like in the past 4 years that the selection has gone way down. Maybe the economy has something to do with it or maybe because of where the outlet mall is located (in a semi-rural area). But every time I've set foot in there, it's full of people who are buying purses by the truckload.

The Coach stores that are not outlets are totally different. They do not seem to be as crowded as the outlet stores so it is easier to find an employee if you need help. I find that the selection is better than the outlet stores. I find that the layout of the stores and the employees a lot more agreeable to me than the outlet stores. The quality of the purses seem to be a lot better than the outlet stores. I view it as if I am going to sink $200 or more on a purse, there better be some phenomenal quality to the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment