Friday, July 1, 2011

Guerlain Shalimar Perfume Review

After testing out Guerlain's Shalimar out a few times, I am finally doing a review on it. Well, I have been wearing this off and during winter an when I tried Jicky, I needed to refresh my memory of Shalimar. Starting out, I get a mild blast of citrus, not the huge blast that I got with Jicky. I like how the citrus was muted because citrus and I don't always get along. I get a dry down of an oriental vanilla. The vanilla is not the sickly sweet type that seems to permeate many perfumes now, but the vanilla is sweet. It's a sensual vanilla complimented with spices. I am not in love with Shalimar, but I do like it. I am not a big fan of sweet vanillas, I like my vanillas to be more earthy. Sillage and staying power are good. I find this to be decant worthy but not full bottle worthy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment