Sunday, August 14, 2011

Idole by Lubin

It's been a long time since I reviewed a perfume. I'm going through a phase of trying to use up some of my older decants and getting rid of some of my samples. Since I have been on a leather kick that started with Chanel's Cuir de Russie but my tobacco/boozy kick is something new. Dabbing Idole from my sample does nothing for me. I do not get an opinion from dabbing because I really can't smell it. When my decant came in the mail, I immediately sprayed it on and let it develop. I find Idole to be Chanel's Cuir de Russie's 2nd once removed. They are similar but Idole doesn't seem to have the depth that Cuir de Russie has nor is it as complex. I am comparing Cuir de Russie in EDT form due to Idole being an EDT. Idole does have a noticeable boozy note but not quite as boozy as Frapin 1270. But one thing that I did notice as that there isn't much of a tobacco note that I could readily smell. What was noticeable for me was that Idole does have a staying power of 6-7 hours on my EDT eating skin. Idole does seem to stay somewhat close to the skin but I wouldn't go calling it a skin scent. Idole is very decant worthy but I don't find it full bottle worthy no matter how cool the bottle looks (bottle is cool looking).

No comments:

Post a Comment