Thursday, April 26, 2012

Shiseido Murasaki EDP Review

Since I've been somewhat of a hyacinth kick with perfume, I've been getting decants of perfumes with hyacinth. That's when I stumbled upon Shiseido's Murasaki. I've wearing it off and on for the past two weeks. At first, I thought that I had gotten Chanel's no. 19 in EDP form by mistake. I looked at my bottle of Chanel no. 19 and my Murasaki decant and I did put on Murasaki.I find that Murasaki and no. 19 are very similar perfumes. The initial blast of galbanum and flowers comes out really strong. After a couple minutes, I do smell the hyacinth and some gardenia. After an hour or two, Murasaki really starts to fade on skin. Even when I sprayed Murasaki on clothing, after three or four hours, Murasaki peters out into nothingness. On skin or on clothing, Murasaki is a very faint, green perfume. I find it to be something likeable but I do like perfumes with a little more heft in them. Even though Amazon is selling 2.5 oz bottles of this for $50, I cannot justify spending the money to get a full bottle of something that fades in 1 or 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment