Monday, April 2, 2012

Bal a Versailles Vintage Parfum Review

For the past couple months, I've been enthralled with BaV in EDP form and have been raving about it pretty much nonstop. I was itching to get my hands on a decant of the parfum version of this. The parfum version is a completely different animal compared to the EDP version. I'm aware that the same perfume in different concentrations can be different animals. This is no different. I haven't found a way to write this perfume without making the comparison. BaV in EDP there is an emphasis on the floral notes but in the parfum for, there is no emphasis on the floral note. In the parfum form, all the emphasis is on the patchouli with the periodic whiffs of some floral notes. I am never sure on what to make of patchouli but I do find it to be pleasant. After two days of wear, I'm not smelling anything in BaV (in parfum form) that is going to endear me to it like the EDP version did. The EDP version, there is a huge floral note from the get go and lasts for 10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment