Thursday, April 4, 2013

L'Artisan Timbuktu EDT Review

I've found another decant in my non-reviewed pile that was nearly empty and is begging to be reviewed. I was going through a little bit of a phase with the L'Artisan line in early perfumista days. They smelling as many as I could reasonably afford. This was when I was transitioning between the blind full bottle buys and decants.

The decant of Timbuktu had only 3 sprites left and I gave it a go yesterday. During that time, I kept wondering and saying, "Where have I smelled this before? It smells like something that I already have a full bottle of." Then it hit me. I already own Chanel's Sycomore and Timbuktu is almost identical to Sycomore. Timbaktu is not as dry as Sycomore but still dry and best suited for fall. Timbaktu doesn't have the smoky quality that Sycomore has and I do find that Timbaktu is pretty nice. Lasting power for this is pretty decent, about 4 or 5 hours on skin. Since I have Sycomore, I don't see the need to have Timbaktu.

No comments:

Post a Comment