Sunday, September 21, 2014

Random Sniffage

After having a week away from my job, it's now time to recap on what kind of happened perfume wise during my vacation. Did it involve perfume buying? Yes, but who really wants to her that? It did involve a lot of general being out and about. I really wasn't interested in the whole going to the mall or beauty supply places but it happened anyway.

In my area, where my local Borders used to be, an Ulta beauty supply store moved in. Yes, it happened a couple of years ago but I still miss Borders and haven't gotten used to the sight of Borders being gone. Wednesday was the first time that I actually set foot in Ulta and I have never been inside. I was curious to see what was inside. I wasn't expecting Ulta to sell perfume but they do. Let's just say that the perfume selection is pretty similar to Sephora but in some respects maybe a little better. Ulta is trying to be like a cross between what would be the normal drugstore fare of make up and hair care and Sephora. The reason that I say that it is like Sephora is that it offers higher end perfume not the general stuff like CK Obsession and the like. To tell you the truth, I was surprised to see Chanel offerings (no 5, Mademoiselle, Noir) and some Guerlains. Mind you that a lot of these perfumes are sold at Macy's but Ulta is not Macy's where I can find a whole lot more than just the best sellers. And best sellers is pretty much what is sold in Ulta. I didn't expect the whole Chanel line and all of the variations of no 5 but that is somewhat impressive.

I was at my local mall briefly while getting a couple blouses and noticed that they had a little baby Sephora in my local Macy's. Naturally, I poked around and didn't see too much that interested me in terms of perfume. Mostly because the baby Sephora was that tiny. On the upside of going into Sephora, I did find the Kat von D lipstick in Hellbent. For the longest time, I couldn't even find it on the Sephora website.

No comments:

Post a Comment