Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Weather and VIntage Bal a Versailles

This spring, has been pretty goofy in Cleveland. We have a couple days where it is in the mid-80's with a 50% chance of thunderstorms that never happen and then we get a week of mid-50's temps. This makes it almost impossible to pick anything out or plan for anything perfume wise.

Vintage Bal a Versailles is probably my favorite perfume and my ultimate skank perfume and I've noticed a few things when it comes to the bottles when I do find them for a reasonable price. The PdT version is my favorite version and is difficult to find for something reasonably priced. The spray bottles, splash bottles and lyre bottles are totally different animals when it comes to how the perfume can smell. I'm not kidding, the spray bottle and the screw top splash bottles don't have the funky top notes that seems to be common with vintage bottles but my lyre bottles seem to have that funky, damaged top not thing going on. Out of all of the vintage Shalimars and Mitsouko that I have, I don't get that funk and Bal is the only one that has this. I'm wondering if it is something that has to do with the bottle. I don't regret my Bal lyre bottles but it just makes me wonder if it is the bottles themselves that do cause this and maybe some improper storage somewhere along the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment