Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Clothes Shopping

I'm not one of those that enjoys clothes shopping. Clothes shopping is akin, for me, like going out and getting milk and toilet paper because I am either out or almost out. I always loved watching What Not to Wear on TV when it was on and did get some ideas. But it was the bad clothing that drew me in.

But going clothes shopping, even online, is a chore. I am 5 foot 4 inches and I am in a dead zone when in comes to a lot of clothing. I am more often or not swimming in shirts or the shirts are way too small and tight. Finding pants are even worse. Most of the time, they are too long for me and I mean way too long on me. When I do find something that might work, they are way too short.

Let's get back to the dead zone of being 5 foot 4 and a size 18. The dead zone is more of my height that it is my weight. I think that quite a bit of the fashion industry forgets that there are those of us who are not 6 feet tall and nor are we just 5 feet tall. A good chunk of women are not a size zero. I wish there was more uniformity in the clothing industry that would make it easier for shorter girls like me to get clothes that actually fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment