Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Lolita Lempicka L'Eau Jolie EDT Review

What was it, a year ago, that I did review the original Lolita Lempicka perfume and loved it. I compared it to L'Heure Bleue and quite possibly very similar L'Heure de Nuit as well; without all of the powder. I guess it was time to see what else the house of Lolita Lempicka has to offer. What is great about Lolita Lempicka's offerings is that they are dirt cheap, and I mean dirt cheap. Dirt cheap isn't a bad thing, there are many perfumes that are great. It's always a wonderful thing to find a great smelling perfume and not have to shell out big bucks for it. So why not check out more of this line?

L'Eau Jolie starts off by being nice. Plain, boring type of nice. I was starting to get a little bummed right off the bat with Jolie. After the first minute, I smelled something fishy, like that I have smelled this before; I knew that I had smelled something like this before. Then it hit me, it was Amouage Reflection that it smells like. Almost word for word. I'm getting the huge aquatic note and I more often than not hate aquatic because I find it overused in mainstream perfume. The aquatic thing stays dominant from top to bottom. Then comes the fruit and flowers. I'm thinking that it is the black currant that is giving off the fruit bit. But I smell more fruit than flowers in this one. Since it is an EDT, Jolie lasted only 4 hours on my skin before mercifully leaving. Having an EDT last for 4 hours on my skin is a pretty big deal but when it's something I don't like, it can't disappear on skin fast enough.

For a perfume that is probably no more than $30 anywhere, I should have probably expected less than more out of this one. Jolie is best suited on tweens and teens, maybe at the very outside, a college student.

No comments:

Post a Comment