Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Tauer Une Rose de Kandahar Review

This month, I have been the laziest blogger. Every time I get an idea, I realize that I have already blogged about it in one form or another. So it left me with wearing something new to me to review. And I kind of got busy with looking at Une Rose de Kandahar from Andy Tauer. And I'm not getting it and I have tried it off and on for the past couple months.

I have always loved and respected Andy Tauer's work, there have been a couple that haven't exactly worked out for me. I love how Andy Tauer has made me see a couple notes through new eyes. But Une Rose de Kandahar is something that I'm not understanding. I don't understand what I am smelling. I'm smelling rose, a dusty rose. The dusty part is not overwhelming or bad, I just don't get the dust part in perfumes too often. With the rose and how dusty it is, I start to get a shaving cream vibe to Kandahar. I haven't smelled a shaving cream this big since I tried Bois 1920 Sushi Imperial. A couple other bloggers have mentioned that they get the apricot in Kandahar but I am not smelling it. But at this point is starting to fade away, leaving with with the dust and the Tauer base that I can more often than not, pick out a mile away. I do love the Tauer base because I find it interesting. At this point in Kandahar, I'm getting the tiniest hints of an animalic note. It's nowhere near the league of Shalimar, let alone vintage Bal but I can pick it out when I sit and look for it. Like a lot of Tauer offerings, I get at least 7 hours of wear out of this one. Kandahar bears no resemblance with Une Rose Chypree or Une Rose Vermeille because I can't smell it.

Would I get a full bottle of this? I don't know because I don't know if I love it or not but I do like it. A 15ml travel size suits me for the moment. Like many Tauer scents, this one is better as a fall perfume or maybe an early winter perfume. Une Rose Vermeille and Ingrid are my summer Tauers.

No comments:

Post a Comment