Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Chanel Bois de Iles EDT Review

I did swear that I would review perfumes that I have not worn and reviewed. Last night was the night that I did apply something new to me, Chanel Bois de Iles from the Les Exclusifs line. Bois de Iles is generally well loved on the blogosphere and perfume people. On Now Smell This, some one's husband (can't remember who) looked at either the box or the bottle itself and pronounced it as Box of Eels and that is what it seems to be called on Now Smell This.

I do have a lot of respect for the house of Chanel and a lot of it's creations and I do have a few perfumes loves from Chanel but Bois de Iles isn't one of them. I keep looking at all of these reviews and a few other perfume sites and I am not seeing anything with tuberose, and I'm smelling tuberose. I have said many times before and will say it again, tuberose is my nemesis and if it's tuberose dominant, I'm not going to like it one bit. Some might say maybe the sandalwood or maybe the tonka is giving you that, but I wouldn't know what sandalwood smelled like if it bit me in the butt. I'm maintaining that there is a huge tuberose note in there. At first, it smelled like a typical Chanel, heavy on the aldehydes, rich in the Chanel base. But it king of turned out to be Chanel does tuberose. Sadly for me, that tuberose note seems to take over everything else. I'm sure I would have enjoyed this a whole lot more if it wasn't tuberose dominant to my nose. Lasting power is typical for a Chanel EDT, I get 6 hours on my skin. I will not be buying this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment