Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The Random Post

Today is the last day that I have to go into work before I go on vacation. I have a couple of day trips planned but I am not leaving town. Having a vacation but staying home is a great thing. I don't have to go anywhere, I don't have to do anything, very rarely do I have to actually have to be anywhere. I always plan on wearing some perfumes with the intent of reviewing them and that almost never seems to happen. I hope to rectify that this coming week. I hope to have at least 3 or 4 since I have 10 days off. Hopefully I can stick to that much. My unworn and unreviewed perfume bag will thank me because it's overflowing and I really should see what decants in my reviewed bag have evaporated so I can make room.

After amassing a fairly large perfume collection and going through phases of perfume, I've come across something strange. Normally, in the perfume world, vintage smells better than the current batch of a certain perfume. Sometimes, the current batch smells better. At this point, after not wearing no 22 in forever, something changed. One day, I wore the current formulation and thought about my blog post on the current formulation and the vintage formulation. Something did change with my nose. I found that I actually do like the current formulation loads better than the vintage version. I think that the powder note in the vintage is more pronounced and smothers the other notes to a certain extent. Through my perfume journey, my views of a huge powder note has evolved. I still like powder bombs and musk notes. Laundry musk is nice in it's place but I don't need whopping doses of it in a perfume. The powder note can be huge but I don't like it to be overwhelming.

I think for the rest of this month and most of next month, I will probably be staying off E-Bay due to the fact that I am not going to have a lot of discretionary spending money to look for vintage perfume. I am starting to get into the serious dental work that I need to have done. And the serious dental work is going to cost lots of money, so perfume is mostly out except maybe the random decant of perfume. This will probably be good for me because I seriously need to use up a few bottles so I can have a little more space.

No comments:

Post a Comment