Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Lip Balm

It's going to be that time of year again. The time of year that involves lip balm. Ever since I started having dental issues, I have developed these little cracks in the corners of my mouth. I'm really thinking with losing a couple back teeth along with my wisdom teeth, make eating uncomfortable. So I am probably malnourished and is causing this. I'm thinking of taking a good multivitamin to help with this. But in the mean time, lip balm is probably going to be the most helpful. Winter is coming too, so lip balm is going to be a necessity soon.

Years ago, especially when I was a kid, you just had either Lip Smackers, Blistex, or Chapstick for your choice of lip balm. For us kids, we wanted the Smackers because they came in all different flavors and if you were into the Chapstick thing, the mint flavor was the way to go. When Blistex came out with the tinted lip balm (when I was a teen), you had to get it. The tinted lip balm didn't exactly fit every one's skin tone but it was the cross between lip gloss and lip balm.

Then everyone started to take notice of Burt's Bees. Burt's Bees has always had some pretty good lip balm that works well on chapped lips. I think that they might have always had a couple flavors but I can't quite be sure. Then they started to do the Lip Smackers thing but not as many flavors and the flavors are a little more 'adult'. Probably because most of their demographic is at least late 20's and older. Gone are the days of having Dr. Pepper, bubble gum and all the other kids flavors but yet not quite ready to for the whole unflavored thing. My favorite flavor/sent of the lip balm has to be the honey one. I had forgotten how good it is.

One of my peeves is that lip balm has gotten into trying to be this lip gloss/lipstick/lip balm thing. I'm not exactly sure why. I know that some lipsticks and stains can dry out lips but it only takes a second to apply regular lip balm. Or somebody is just too lazy to do that and would do it in one step.

No comments:

Post a Comment