Friday, March 15, 2019

Guerlain Cuir Beluga EDP Review

Off and on I have thought about getting a decant of Cuir Beluga for years. But never quite did until recently because it always seemed that other things were catching my fancy. I got my little decant a few days ago and decided to test drive it yesterday.

At first, I got this strange powdery smell that I couldn't place. Well, I just couldn't place the whole damn perfume, I knew I smelled it before from Guerlain but couldn't figure it out. Eventually, I did figure some of it out. To me, this was basically Tonka Imperiale. I did enjoy Tonka Imperiale but do not like Cuir Beluga. From start to finish, I did get a Play-Doh/chemical/plastic smell with a sweetness overload. I did smell a whole lot of tonka and a hint of vanilla but not enough to even begin to redeem itself. Lasting power is around 7 or 8 hours on my skin but that was 7 or 8 hours too long. I view this as money saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment