Tuesday, March 5, 2019

La Maison de la Vanille Vanille sauvage de Madagascar Review

I spent part of yesterday cleaning up and organizing and found my sampler/travel set of La Maison de la Vanille. I had figured that I really didn't need the box and went to take the decants out and noticed something that really ticked me off. One of the decants was two thirds gone. All of the others seem to be okay, evaporation wise. I don't think that the planning for this travel set was thought out and executed all that well. So guess which one is getting reviewed? Vanille sauvage de Madagascar.

At first, I get a whopping dose of something like alcohol and I wasn't amused by this. Then the vanilla shows up. The vanilla is a creamy type of vanilla in the way of more like a buttercream icing. I've said time and time again, I like my vanilla inedible and this one is in the edible camp. I don't get much development except maybe some incense and the tiniest hint of musk. Towards the end, I get something that smells like chocolate. Chocolate is meant for eating and shouldn't be used in perfume. Lasting power for and EDT is pretty decent. A full bottle is $60 and that is a really good price but I'm saving myself the $60 and not getting a full bottle of this.

Yes, I am pretty crabby. From the two I have tried and reviewed thus far, I don't consider La Maison de la Vanille to be a niche perfume line. It's not about price but this smells more of what I would see in either Target's or maybe even Kohl's. But to sell at Luckyscent, next to Amouage and Andy Tauer offerings?

No comments:

Post a Comment