Monday, March 11, 2019

Retail Confuses Me

Okay, I am not too confused but more of flabbergasted. I'm a huge Amazon fan and have been for a number of years. I wasn't too thrilled with the price hike of Prime. I'm old enough to remember when Prime was only$79 per year. Then came the hikes of $99 and then $119. With every price hike, I have to reassess the the reasons that I have Prime. In a few days, Amazon will let me know how much Prime has saved me and that is going to be the deciding factor if I keep it or not. Hopefully, in the next few days, I will have a better idea on how much I had saved and if it's worth keeping Prime.

I am not a Whole Foods shopper, I have never set foot in one. I don't make a whole lot of cash and know that I can't afford Whole Foods and similar stores. So I am stuck with Aldi, Wal-Mart and my local grocery chain. Many grocery store chains do carry gift cards to many different places. When I look at the gift card sections, I always look for certain gift cards. The gift cards I mostly go for are Ulta, Sephora and Amazon. Gift cards can be great things for me, if I have a few extra dollars, I pick up a gift card. Gift cards in a way force me to set aside money for gifts.

But since Amazon has bought Whole Foods, my local grocery chain is about to discontinue selling Amazon gift cards. I expected this to happen much sooner but I was still surprised at the the little tag. I had initially thought that it was some kind of promo at first but in a couple days, Amazon gift cards will be no more at my local grocery chain. I had asked about it but corporate gave me a standard reply. I think that my local grocery chain didn't want any more cash going to Amazon. I bought a few gift cards and will be relying on Amazon for gift cards. I think I am a little disgruntled with changes and price hikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment