Monday, November 23, 2020

The Shopping Season

 

We are coming up on the holiday season and already my email is filling up with all of these Black Friday previews and deal type things. I will admit that I am tempted by a few things but my bank account is telling me to take a step back. Most of my Christmas shopping is finished but I do have 3 more people to shop for but I am holding off for a couple weeks on finishing up a couple gifts. I have some shipping deadlines because my nephews live across the country from me, so I need to know that. At this point, I am trying to survive Thanksgiving. Due to Covid, holidays are going to be very different and much quieter. It will be my parents and I along with my aunt and quite possibly my grandmother who is still living. So I have a 20 pound turkey in my fridge thawing out and wondering about what the hell is going to happen with all of this turkey. I think that a large roasting chicken would have been a better fit. Let's hope that I won't be asked to pick up anything between now and Thanksgiving or I will be spitting nails.

What is tempting me the most is Ulta. I am hardly ever in an Ulta brick and mortar store, I do tons of shopping through their website and have accumulated almost $60 in rewards and now I am a Platinum level rewards person. Ulta does carry some Chanel perfumes but I never see them sell Chanel through their website. I have only seen it once before and I am now seeing that again. While Ulta might not have the selection that Sephora has in regarding Chanel offerings, even online, I am tempted to get the mini travel spray of Coco Madamoiselle intense. I know that I shouldn't blind buy but I am incredibly tempted. I shall see if there will be some kind of coupon when Black Friday comes to make the mini travel spray much more possible for me, especially if I want to keep saving up my Ulta points. But we shall see because I am trying to avoid Bath and Body Works as well. I am trying incredibly hard to to purchase anymore candles until Candle Day when the deals will be the best for Bath and Body Works candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment