Sunday, September 19, 2021

End of Vacation and Bombay Bling

It's the end of my 3rd vacation and I go back to work tomorrow. I always hate the 1st day back at work after vacation. The getting back to the daily grind is what always trips me up. I really didn't do too much really. What I did manage is to use up 3 candles and I am happy with that. And before I know it, I will probably be stocking up on the Winter candles from Bath and Body Works but before that happens, I seriously need to get going on using up some of the candles that I already have. I do have a game plan set out and another vacation coming up to really use up more.

I kept meaning to review Neela Vermeire's Bombay Bling for a couple weeks now but now is the time to do it. Fruity perfumes were never quite my thing with the exception of very few (Courtesan and Theorema). I was hoping for something along the lines of Courtesan but Bombay Bling wasn't even close to Courtesan. When I wore Bombay Bling for the first time, it smelled familiar to something that I have already tried before and it took all of the 1st wearing and part of the 2nd to figure out which perfume that it reminded me of. It was Frapin's 1697 but it was probably no accident that both of them smelled so similar. Bertrand Duchafour created both. Bombay Bling is a little more stripped down version. The fruity aspect isn't a cooked smell or a fully ripened type of thing. The fruit is almost ripe but not quite there. Bombay Bling isn't booze soaked like 1697 but in so many ways Bombay Bling is like 1697. Bombay Bling sits closer to skin, closer than I am used to but that's not such a bad thing though. I found that Bombay Bling didn't exactly last too long on my skin. The longest that it seemed to last on my skin was about 5 hours.

Luckyscent has full bottles and a travel spray available and I think that I would probably go for the travel spray. Yes, I would like to add this to my stable but I seriously am done with perfume buying at the moment. My bank account can't sustain anymore perfume purchases right now and I really need to start finishing off some bottles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment