Thursday, September 16, 2021

Essential Parfums The Musc Review

I do enjoy slutty perfumes and do have a love for musk in perfume. While shopping on Luckyscent for that Viktoria Minya Hedonist sample set, I picked up a 10 ml travel spray of Essential Parfums The Musc. I figured that the price point for 10mls was pretty good.

What I thought it might be like and what did happen were two seperate things. When I see anything musk in a title of a perfume, I expect something more in the vein of MKK or Kiehl's Original Musk. Or maybe along the lines of even vintage BaV or Tigress Musk. Yeah, I do expect at least something sensual to outright skank. Musc was a whole lot of nothing. Shit, I didn't get any kind of musk until the very end. The musk at the tail end was more of a generic, non-offensive type of musk. I want my musk to do something, have some kind of growl or hint of something more. Musc was more of a lavender and a few things that I can't identify. I find it to be more of a functional perfume or a maybe your skin but better type of perfume. 

I found Musc to be pretty annoying due to the fact that it was neither hear nor there and definitely wasn't all that musky. This seemed to be more of what my sister my like. The type of perfume that is you don't want people to know that you wear perfume but are wearing perfume. The whole composition did annoy me because it just sat there doing nothing. The lasting power was about 6 hours on skin with little projection. I think I might pull this out at a later date to see if it smells a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment