Sunday, September 26, 2021

Tom Ford Lost Cherry Review

I never really paid too much attention to Tom Ford's perfume line. The ads were a big turn off for me and some of the names of whatever was being sold got my attention but wasn't making me run out to test anything, let alone buy. Just a little too crude for me. The last reason on why I never paid a whole lot of attention is the price tag. An Amouage price for a 1 ounce bottle is not really in the cards. But I am happy that there are some travel sprays available.

I've always liked Tobacco Vanille and did nab a 10ml travel spray and then recently had gotten a travel spray of Lost Cherry. As a general rule of thumb, it's not the greatest idea to buy a perfume blind but I got the travel spray of Lost Cherry blind. I wasn't sure how much I would like it but I was looking for another transitional perfume.

Lost Cherry starts out with a blast of cherries. The sour, candied type of cherries followed by almonds. The cherry note kind of fades when the almonds come on to the scene but is never out of the picture. Tonka bean comes in shortly after the almonds and kind of takes over the whole thing. I have always been kind of on the fence if I like tonka bean in a perfume. It always kind of overwhelms a perfume. I think that I would have liked no tonka bean or far less tonka bean than what was put into Lost Cherry. Lost Cherry would have probably been a better perfume and I would have seriously looked at saving for a full bottle. I really enjoyed the sour cherries and almonds. Lost Cherry lasted about 8 hours on my skin and had some decent projection.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment