Monday, June 26, 2023

Amouage Gold Extrait Review

Back when I started my perfume journey, I had an unhealthy obsession with Amouage Gold. It was a dabber sample after dabber sample for quite a while. Then when I sprung for a full bottle of the EDP, I quickly figured out that Gold really wasn't for me. There is something about the musk that really went wrong. It smelled like I stepped in dog poop. Years later, I tried Gold for men and it was a little more of my vibe but not really. Vintage Gold for women smelled pretty good but not really.

For some reason, I have a decant of Gold extrait and decided to give it a shot. I figure that if I don't care for the extrait, Gold for women and I just aren't meant to be. And we are not meant to be. While the extrait is well made and incredibly well blended, it's just too much in all respects. The musk part is amped up and this smells like an upscale vintage no 5. The musk in Gold is overwhelming and gives a a bigger stepped in dog poop vibe. I am sure that this does work for some people but this isn't my thing. I think that I will stick to either Dia or no 5 proper for my aldehydes fix.

 I am happy that I honestly gave Gold a true shot to see if she was my vibe and after about 10 plus years of perfume blogging and trying Gold off and on through out it. Gold just seems to go off the rails on my skin. My bank account is incredibly happy that this perfume just really isn't for me. I am also happy that there are other Amouage offerings that I have and totally work for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment