Thursday, January 16, 2014

Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense Zagorsk Review

For a while I've been flirting with trying the Comme des Garcons line but always found it to be a little annoying. Annoying in the how many series and lines do you need under your name. If you say, Chanel, it's either the regular stuff (no. 5, no. 19, etc) and the Les Exclusifs line and that suits me but what 30 million lines? It's over the top and maybe a little arrogant. But, let's get to the review.

I had bought Zagorsk from Luckyscent, unsniffed. I thought, for $80, not a bad price for niche even though it is an EDT. When I first spray it on, I get a massive blast of the iris. It's not the no. 19 in extract form or iris, which is on the plush side. This iris is like the blast I got in Serge's Silver Iris Mist, that hissy, carroty, maybe a little earthy blast. Truth be told, I kind of like my iris to be on the hissy side. The iris stays mostly front and center during the wearing. Then the pine needles start to come into play. The pine isn't what you get from the air freshener things you hang in a car but the walking in a pine forest and sniffing the needles and the sap. I'm not sure exactly where the incense is because it's been quite a while since I've set foot in a church for a mass but Zagorsk is on the dry side. Not as dry like Sycomore and a few others that I own are dryer than Zagorsk.

What bothers me about Zagorsk is that it might be an EDT, there is no real lasting power on skin. Even with lotion, I get maybe 3 or 4 hours at best, if that's the case, I'll have to spray on clothes. I've had Chanel EDT's at comperable prices and have lasted much longer. In that respect, I might hold off on trying any more of the Comme des Garcons line even though I really did enjoy Zagorsk.

*Sorry for the spelling mistakes, spell check doesn't want to work at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment