Monday, January 6, 2014

Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois Review

I'm finding it hard to believe that I haven't reviewed my very first Serge Lutens. What I mean is that when I fell down the rabbit hole and was really new to niche perfumers, I was buying bottles left and right. I was most intrigued by the reverence in the perfume world with Serge Lutens. I wasn't sure what the fuss was about and still kind of don't.

Feminite du Bois (not the Shisedo version) was the very first Lutens offering that I did get. It's a spicy, fruity, dusty combination that seems pretty linear. Even though cedar is listed in the notes, I don't get any kind of cedar. Stewed fruit and spice market seems to be a recurring thing in many of Lutens' work and I still don't know if I like the stewed fruit and spice combination. It always smells dusty to be because of Feminite du Bois. Sarrasins and A La Nuit seems to be the exception to this and to a lesser degree De Profundis. There is the lasting power of plutonium in many of Serge Lutens offerings when you get the full spray bottles. Spray decants seem not to give the longevity as the full bottles.

What I have noticed with many of Serge Lutens perfumes, is the color of the perfume itself. Red, orange, pink, purple and a few others. It is a little jarring to see that in a perfume when one is accustomed to seeing an orangey yellow or clear. I'm wondering if I was attracted to this line because of the different colors in the perfumes themselves. I really don't wear Feminite du Bois too much but it is nice for what it is though.

No comments:

Post a Comment