Saturday, January 10, 2015

Difficult

It's a new year and I haven't really been inspired to blog about anything until today. For the past few days, I have been wearing Chanel no 22, Patou Joy and Shalimar and had a few half baked blog posts in mind but one stuck out in particular when I wore Joy.

Now, Patou Joy is one of my perfume loves because of the huge jasmine note and I love a huge jasmine note in perfume. Joy has that whole indolic jasmine and rose combination going on. It's bright and sunny but not 'heavy' like one would get in Nuda due to my arch enemy, tuberose. But Joy is difficult to wear because of the indoles. On Thursday, I wore Joy because I haven't worn in at least 6 months and people were yapping about cat pee and I realized that I don't wear Joy that often because people keep complaining about the cat pee and I don't even have a cat. Then, I did realize why I really don't wear Joy too often.

Chanel no 22 in vintage form is another one that can be a little difficult because of the powder. It's funny though, in the current formulation of no 22, there seems to be a whole lot less of the powder note but people do say that it smells funny or like bug spray, so I guess winter wear of no 22 is out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment