Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wish Lists or To Buy Lists

Yesterday it struck me that my whole perfume wish or to buy list is mostly for backups right now. But my backups are for those pesky discontinued or vintage perfumes. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a bottle of Le Labo Aldehyde 44 when I could but my fun money was used up. But who knew that it would be discontinued and Chanel no 22 smells similar but not quite.

Since I am going through my collection and wearing things that I haven't worn in forever, it seems like that list has really grown. Wanting an extra bottle of Havana Vanille, Amouage Memior and my millionth bottle of Theorema and Shalimar are on the list. But I noticed when running my list, no 5 and Mitsouko are not on there. I'm thinking that because I am not so enamored with Mitsouko as I once was, I figured that I had enough or when I bought a full tear drop bottle with real oakmoss, it was time to stop. No. 5 just seems like when you have just about every concentration and maybe a back up or two of one, it's time to stop.

In a way, the whole back up bottle and having an already kind of large collection is counter productive. Let's think about it, I have probably more perfume than I will use in a lifetime and yet I keep acquiring more. I'm beginning to think that I need to finish one or two bottles in my collection before I go out and getting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment