Tuesday, January 12, 2016

After Sorting it Out

I'm trying to stick to my New Year's resolution of trying not to buy any more perfume and wear what I do have. Some bits and pieces are a little easier than others. Since I don't have any fun money yet this month, guess what? Not buying anything new, bottle or decant, is pretty easy. And right now, there isn't much that I really want perfume wise yet. Amouage Beloved is on the list of most coveted but have to save up for.

So, I am going through my decant bag of already worn and reviewed and had to throw out some evaporated decants and half used decants that I know that I won't use again. It was a great feeling to get rid of some of this stuff. But I am still debating on which two bottles of perfume I should finish off to create more space. Thus far, a bottle of Chanel no 5 has stayed on this list because of the fact that I have 4 bottles of the current formulation. But it's either the EDT or EDP version that I am thinking of using but I am leaning to the EDT. Or I might go with seeing what I can do with finishing off the parfum version of Cuir de Russie or wearing that one 1 ounce bottle of vintage Bal in the EDC version. Part of all of this is the running out of space and not finding shelving that I like and what I like, I'm not exactly willing to spend a million dollars.

After dithering on what to wear to finish off full bottles, I did notice something. I wasn't really going after perfumes that are either vintage or discontinued. But I am also considering Amouage Epic or Dia in the running for bottles to finish up since I have back ups of both perfumes. The only one seems to be 1 bottle of vintage Bal because it seems like I have a million bottles of it and I can use the EDC a little more lavishly. Probably because the vintage Bal in EDC form is easier to find than the PdT (my preferred version)  and much cheaper than the PdT. I am predominantly going after the perfumes that are easiest to find and not horribly expensive. Amouage offerings are really easy to find online but expensive but Chanel no 5 is easy to find online and in stores and reasonably priced. Theorema is getting up there in price on Beauty Encounter and on E-Bay it's out there. I'm just happy to have as many back ups as I have of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment