Thursday, January 14, 2016

Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

It's really cold here in Cleveland and wanted to try something new. So I dug around my unworn decant bag in search of a heavy hitter or something that might warm me up a little bit. It was either L'Artisan Vanilla or Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille. I went with Un Bois Vanille because Un Bois Vanille would most likely last longer and be a little more heavy hitting.

This Serge Lutens offering is definitely a vanilla perfume. But it's not one of those vanilla perfumes that leaves you smelling like a cupcake. It's more of the inedible type of vanilla. While is smells more akin to Guerlain's Spirueuse Double Vanille but there are differences. While Un Bois Vanille does have more of that burnt vanilla smell, like SDV, it's not as severe. What keeps Un Bois Vanilla from outright copying SDV is the coconut. The coconut isn't the sunscreen lotion type of coconut but the actual coconut itself. Coconut lends a creamy texture to Un Bois Vanille. While I can smell and notice the coconut, the coconut is not overwhelming to my nose. Un Bois Vanille isn't as loud as some of the Serge Lutens offerings, it is on the softer side. I really do like Un Bois Vanille and find it at very least large decant worthy, if not bottle worthy. I will have to wear my decant a couple more times to see if it is full bottle worthy for me. If SDV is out of any one's price range, Un Bois Vanille would most likely do the trick because it's close enough to SDV and bottles on Beauty Encounter and maybe Fragrance Net (haven't looked) are reasonably priced for Un Bois Vanille.

No comments:

Post a Comment