Thursday, July 21, 2016

Chanel No 22 Parfum Review

After Phi Une Rose de Kandahar wore off yesterday, it was time for a different perfume. I don't know exactly why my choice landed one no 22 in parfum instead of either no 22 in EDT form or Shalimar. I think that since I had dinner plans and it involved someone who is sensitive to perfume, parfum was the way to go. I know for a fact that I have two bottles of vintage Shalimar and maybe should have worn that instead.

I had been floating around E-Bay earlier this year for a bottle of vintage no 22 but the prices were ridiculous. Even Chanel is getting ridiculous with their current stuff and pricing. So after spending a few days checking around, my eyes landed on a half an ounce of the current formulation for a little less than $100. I was all over it because this stuff for a half an ounce is $200. And the bottle was full and with E-Bay, that is a rarity in itself to find a full bottle.

Coming from E-Bay, knowing that there was a good chance that it might be a fake, I did put some on skin. It wasn't fake, it was definitely no 22 but in parfum form. I do love no 22 but don't wear it often because it is something that I have to be in the mood for. Chanel is somewhat known for having 4 or 5 different concentrations of the same perfume but they are different animals. This is a slightly different animal than the EDT. No 22 in EDT is a huge, and I mean HUGE, aldehydic powder bomb with a nice nose note added in. The parfum is a little different. The parfum is still aldehydic and powder but since it is in dabber form and I am not even going to attempt to spray this one, it is subdued. I did notice that this one has a musk note in it. I have not noticed the musk in the EDT form, probably since all I smell is aldehydes, powder and rose. The parfum doesn't have a whole lot of throw in it but it does last for quite a while, at least 5 or 6 hours. Would I get no 22 again? After I finish the EDT and parfum, most likely no.

No comments:

Post a Comment