Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Summertime Skank, What Do You Wear?

I've always had a liking for perfumes that do have a skank note in them and I do wear them year round. I've never been a fan of anything that has an ozone note, super aquatic, or super clean. But it's summertime and that means warm weather sometimes hot and humid. I sometimes wonder how skanky perfumes fit into this. But I do have at least a couple that work.

1. Jicky. I do have to dig for the skank in Jicky in the EDT and EDP version but it is in there. The parfum version is were the skank is without digging for it. I think I might have to get that tester bottle that I've been eyeballing for a while.

2. Shalimar. Shalimar right off the bat has a skank note that I don't have to dig for like I do with Jicky. With Shalimar I do have to be a little more careful in the summer with. On really hot and humid days, even with air conditioning, it can be unbearable. The reason I put down Shalimar is because it is one of the lighter orientals that can be worn in spring and summer in the right circumstances.

3. Worth Courtesan. The sweat skank. Courtesan is great when the temps are in the 90's and it's humid out. The skank is a little more like Jicky and you have to dig for it but not as much as Jicky. But it is a faint skank full of fruit and sweat and I'm not the biggest fan of fruity perfumes

4. Vintage Bal a Versailles. That is not a little bit of skank but through and through skank. I would go applying the parfum version in the summer but the EDC version is the best for the hot and humid days and it doesn't last forever and a day. After the EDC wears off, you can either apply again or wear something different.

5. Diorissimo EDP. The current version of the EDP is very different than the current version of the EDT. The EDP is quite different, I still get lily of the valley but from start to finish, it's about the jasmine. Jasmine in all of it's indolic, skanky glory.

What are your perfumes that are skanky that you wear in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment