Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Holidays and Perfume

To me, there is a definite correlation between Christmas and perfume. I haven't received a bottle of a perfume as a gift in over 10 years. The perfume was called Pure Turquoise and at the time, I didn't like it but had to say that I did. Back then, I wasn't really interested in perfume. I had a few bottles but didn't wear them that much. Things have changed and what I like is expensive and nobody wants to give it to me because I am a little on the picky side too. I don't often get other people perfume for Christmas unless it was specifically asked for. Most people that I know, are not the perfume wearing sort. Perfume is a personal thing and I don't want to go looking like the equivalent of restocking milk in the fridge.

There is something else that I seem to have taken to doing with holidays. During the holiday week, I wear the same perfume continuously. I had worn CdG Kyoto. While I enjoyed it, Kyoto seemed to bore me towards the end and had too much in the bottle to finish it. I think that Christmas and New Years will be a little different. Last night, I had applied no 5 Eau Premiere for my bed time scent. Then the idea struck for this blog post and made up my mind for this week at work. I have spent my 2 waking hours debating which concentration of no 5 I should be wearing. I had to look at the EDT and the EDP and decide. In the end, I chose the EDT. When I saw that my bottle of no 5 EDT was about half full, I figured that I should really try to finish the bottle. I had to ask myself why I was hoarding my current versions of no 5 and I had no answer to why I was. I want to see if I can actually finish another bottle before the year is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment