Sunday, December 16, 2018

Les Annees 25 by Andy Tauer Review

It's been a crazy couple weeks, between work, holiday shopping and the puppy needing surgery. Sydney, my 9 month old Lab, somehow got a huge gash in the area on the inside of her back leg and her belly. It was big enough and serious enough to require surgery instead of a couple stitches. It's been tough keeping her quiet and keeping her from licking her wound. But somehow, I actually managed to try something new.

I've admitted so many times in the past that I am a huge fan girl of Andy Tauer's work. Every time that I try a new perfume, I always hope that the clouds will part and the angels will start singing and the biggest house that I hope for is Andy Tauer. Les  Annees 25 is no different. I will admit that I had a tough time with the first 5 or 10 minutes, The first few minutes had a huge rubber or tar note and I can't quite figure out which one it is. I will be frank, I didn't like the tire/people paving a road type of thing at all. That kind of thing just doesn't belong in a perfume. After that tar/rubber thing disappears, some kind of citrus comes along. It's not a fresh cut lemon sort of thing but does come across as more of a lemon Pledge type of thing and I do find that pretty interesting. Citrus is hit or miss with me due to the fact that it is either nauseating or pretty nice. The lemon loses the Pledge thing pretty quick and goes for creamy. The creaminess is really what I call the shaving cream note. Specifically, the type that comes in an aerosol can. Most of the time I can't stand that whole shaving cream thing by Andy Tauer somehow manages to make it smell really good. I think that he pulled all these things together and got them to play nice with his typical Tauer base.

I find Les Annees 25 to be pretty smooth and pretty gentle. The lasting power on my skin is about 7 hours. For this time of year, and my skin being dryer than normal, that's pretty good. To tell the truth, I am kicking myself for not trying Les Annees 25 sooner and snapping up a bottle. I either didn't realized that full bottles are very limited or I simply forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment