Sunday, December 23, 2018

The Holiday Challange

Last week, I did make a goal for myself and mostly kept it. If I remember right, I had said that I would wear Chanel no 5 for at least five whole days. I can't remember if I had said it in a comment on Now Smell This or a blog post.

I did say that I was going to stick to wearing solely the EDT version. For the first three days, I had managed to accomplish. Then I got annoyed with no 5 on the third day and when the third day ended, it was time for bed. I still wanted to keep with my theme and grabbed Eau Premiere and wore it to bed. I have forgotten how wonderful Eau Premiere was. Friday, Saturday and today, I had worn Eau Premiere. Tomorrow will be a coin toss between no 5 proper or the Eau Premiere and I haven't decided on which yet. I don't have a current bottle of Eau Premiere, my bottle of Eau Premiere from when Eau Premiere was first released, so I can't comment on reformulations.

The whole reason I decided to stick with one perfume for 7 days is because of my job and trying to finish some bottles. I work in retail and this time of year, it's mass chaos and I don't want to put tons of effort into thinking about what perfume to wear. I have backups of no 5 and there is no need for me to hoard it.

Is no 5 sexy? I don't find it to be, it's got that freshly scrubbed face type of feel to me. Vintage is a little different though due to the nitro musks and those nitro musks lend a hint of sexy. I didn't want to give off that vibe when I was at work. But I really want to start wearing my Tauers, I want my vintage Bal and Shalimar. Christmas day is when I am hoping to bust those out and wear them.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment