Saturday, December 29, 2018

Le Maroc Pour Elle by Andy Tauer and Other Things

I always have the tendency to wimp out on things, like trying to review the things in the not reviewed pile. Or I get sidetracked and I should really start setting aside one day a week to wear something I haven't worn before and review it.

In the past month or two, I have been prowling Amazon, Beauty Encounter and FragranceNet for bargains of either Amouage perfumes or body products. I am still waiting on some kind of deal that's pretty good for Ubar and a couple of Amouage body butters, namely Epic. There were no Epic body butters to be had on Amazon, FragranceNet was too expensive but Beauty Encounter had a fabulous deal. Over half off and I was sold on that, so it will be in the mail and delivered to me. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, found a great deal on the Jubilation 25 body lotion and snagged a bottle. Any perfumista can attest to the fact that any Amouage, even the bath and body stuff is expensive. But if you find a something Amouage for at least half off, snap it up, you might not find it again.

While I was busy ordering tons of stuff off of Andy Tauer's website, I had gotten myself a discovery set of his perfumes. I liked the fact that I was able to pick the samples that I wanted. I've smelled quite a bit of Any Tauer's perfumes but I wanted them due to the fact that there were a couple that I haven't smelled and I wanted some to have in my purse instead of carrying around a full bottle in my purse.

On Christmas day, I had a lot of trouble deciding what I wanted to wear. I knew a Tauer offering was what I wanted but couldn't decide what I wanted and time was running out. So I decided to wear Le Maroc Pour Elle. I sprayed some on quickly put my coat on and was on my way to a family member's house for Christmas dinner. All I could smell through my coat was something thick and syrup like. It is almost like an old school penny candy that I can't place my finger on. After taking off my coat, my aunt had commented that the patchouli was like a head shop patchouli. The patchouli is not the patchouli I am used to smelling. I am used to the patchouli of Coco Mademoiselle and Voleur de Roses. And the more I sniffed, I got the patchouli. Then I got fresh cut greens and some jasmine. I started to get really annoyed with Le Maroc. It was a thick, syrupy kind of patchouli with harsh cut greens and jasmine. Le Maroc and I didn't get along at all throughout my testing. Le Maroc just kept going on and on, like the Energizer bunny.

At the end of my testing, Le Maroc was too loud, too thick, too sweet. It was just too much all the way around on my skin. I had gotten 10 hours of wear and was relieved to wash this one off and switch to Noontide Petals.

No comments:

Post a Comment