Sunday, January 15, 2023

It's the New Year

It's the new year and haven't been motivated to do any kind of blogging. Dealing with a relative with dementia and working on top of a job doesn't leave a lot of time to just sit down to enjoy anything.

Last week, I spent some time rearranging the perfume on my dresser. Putting away the ones that I don't really wear at this point and pulling out ones that I haven't worn in quite a while. I had put away most of my spring/summer stuff and pulled out more of the fall/winter stuff.

I didn't spend tons of time doing the whole going through my whole collection because it was 11 at night and I didn't want to pull everything out of my closet. What I really wanted to find was my bottle of Ubar and one of my bottles of Nasomatto Nuda. I know they are there but cleaning out my closet isn't high on the priority list and not at 11 at night.

What really got my heart going is pulling out some vintage Mitsouko and Shalimar. I haven't worn tons of either in forever and I really have to rectify that. I also managed to find Gap Dream. Now way back, some time in the 90's, Gap had released their line up of perfume. I can't remember the full line up but I remember Dream being one and Grass was the other popular one. After going on the Gap website, I can't find either one and I am not often in Gap and wouldn't be able to tell you if they are sold in stores. So I am going to behave as if they have been discontinued for years. I am not going to go back to scouring E-bay at this point, looking for a bottle and spending ridiculous amounts of cash for a partial bottle. I have already done that crap and not so willing to be sucked down that rabbit hole again. But talk about blast from the past with Gap Dream.

I am working on being more frugal and with grocery prices being the way they are, E-bay isn't a great option. Any kind of window browsing isn't a good idea. I spent a little too much money with the Bath and Body Works semi annual sale and I do really have to hold off on the frivolous spending. It's hard but when times are tough, cuts got to be made somewhere. Now I am trying to hang on to the whole thing of the Sephora spring sale and the only thing I want is the Narscio Rodriguez for her perfume and that's all I want right now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment