Sunday, January 29, 2023

Perfume Going Back in Time

Sometimes I get those thoughts of what would I do differently if I went back in time. This is one of those times, especially with money and perfume.

If I could go back in time, about 13 years, there are things that I would do differently. The first thing that I would do is not go applying and getting approved for a million credit cards. That led me to getting quite a few bottles that I didn't like or outright hate. Hey, you have $300 on a credit card to use, let's buy a perfume! was kind of the rationale for me. But that hasn't worked well. If I could go back in time, I would have limited myself to 2 credit cards.

By only having 2 credit cards, I would have been forced into being more sniper like with the perfume buying and not wasting so much on things that I hated. There still would have been perfumes that I loved. The ones that I would have bought sooner or later would have been Lyric, Epic, Chanel no 5 in various forms and boatloads of vintage Bal a Versailles. Maybe a smidgen of Deneuve, Pleasures and Mitsouko thrown in. I think that my perfume collection would be much smaller than it is today. 

I do think with less temptation, my candle collection would be much smaller than it is today. I have over 40 candles and people in my household that think my perfume collection is bad enough and really hate the candles. The people in my household think that the candles are either too strong or just don't smell good. Maybe when the weather warms up as stays warm, I can have the windows open and burn my candles. Since it is cold and the windows are closed, I have a hard time with being able to get away with having a lit candle. When I do get to have a candle lit, everyone has to be out of the house and be out of the house for a few hours. Since most family members are out of the house, I have a candle going. Let's hope that I can continue to have this candle going for a while.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment