Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chanel Pour Monsieure EDT

I remember Chanel's Pour Monsieure to be a certain type of EDT. Pour Monsieure brings up a vision of a man who is well groomed, doesn't need Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, dresses in classic men's styles. A man that thinks that the current men's fashions are just out of hand. When learning that Pour Monsieure (not the concentrate) was no longer available in the United States, I had ordered a large decant of it from The Perfumed Court.

But alas, Pour Monsieure is not the EDT that I had remembered. Initially, I thought that there was something was wrong with my nose or the perfume that I was wearing that day was interfering with it. I had asked my mother, who asked me to order it for her, agreed that it's not the same EDT. I am looking at reformulation as the culprit. I do not remember Pour Monsieure smelling more like a toned down Lemon Pledge. I don't remember Pour Monsieure to be very heavy on the citrus. Pour Monsieure is, sadly, a former shadow of what it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment