Thursday, September 27, 2012

Serge Lutens De Profundis Review

I have been wearing Serge Lutens' De Profundis off and on ever since I had gotten a decant a while back. I was attracted to De Profundis because it was based on an Oscar Wilde letter and the color of the perfume itself. De Profundis doesn't have the intense purple of Sarrasins, but I don't see very many perfumes that are colored purple. Take that back, I don't see it outside of what Bath and Body Works sells.

Serge Lutens creations can be difficult for me. Maybe it is his use of spices in his perfumes that make it difficult for me. De Profundis is more of what I am used to smelling even though it is slightly odd. De Profundis reminds me strongly of fall. Just when the leaves are changing, some people are really getting into having bond fires, there is more of a need for long sleeved shirts and long pants. De Profundis is a muted floral/green scent. I find it to be more green stems than flowers though. On skin, I get about 4 or 5 hours of wear then it's gone. While it's likable at the end of the wearing, I'm not in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment