Monday, September 3, 2012

The End of Summer

In the US, Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer for many. Kids heading back to school after a long weekend. In rural parts of the nation, many kids belong to 4H and during Labor Day weekend, spend the entire weekend at the county fairs. During the whole weekend, it wasn't very hot but very humid. Each day was a different scent. Friday was the current formulation of Chanel no.22, Saturday was the vintage version of no. 22, Sunday was Mitsouko and today was testing out Diorella.

This summer was marked by the hottest summer that I have ever experienced. I was slathering on heavy duty lotions and yet, no perfume would stick around very long. Late spring was when I became so enamored with Chanel no. 19 in EDP form, that I was constantly on the look out to buy a back up bottle of it. No. 19 in EDP form was one of the only perfumes that was sticking around on my skin and didn't grate on my last nerve. For a while, it was in stock but I didn't have any fun money left to get it, when it was out of stock, I had fun money. Sarrasins and A La Nuit were two scents that I was wearing quite often in the heat and I've never wanted to wear jasmine dominant perfume in summer. Now that summer is mostly over and now that temperatures are creeping down, I'm ready to start wearing my heavy orientals again.

No comments:

Post a Comment