Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia Review

Over the years, I've heard a lot about Jo Malone and the perfumes. I have always kept meaning to try one of her perfumes since what ever was in the line up didn't really excite me. I had figured that I would try at least one. After thumbing through the unworn pile, I found the only Jo Malone that exists in the pile. It was English Pear and Freesia with only one and a half wearings, so I had to wear it before the decant entirely evaporated. Unfortunately, this review with be short and disjointed due to the fact that I don't have anymore to test on skin or paper, so I'm going off on what I remember.

First blast was the freesia and maybe some hints of pear. I was intrigued with the pear and wished it was a little more dominant because the freesia was a little too aquatic for my liking. After spending a couple more hours wearing English Pear and Freesia, the patchouli and musk came out. The musk was one of those clean musks. I don't have a problem with musk in general, but the musk kind of bugged me with the way it played with the patchouli. I'm not a fan of patchouli, there is something about it that just bugs me. The patchouli stood out and just didn't go with the rest of the composition. But before the musk and patchouli, I kept thinking about what English Pear and Freesia smelled like and what it reminded me of and then I figured out what. Amouage Reflection for women. For a while, I tried to like both but failed. Aquatic, weak and generally annoying to me. So after spending 6 hours wearing on one day of testing and four hours of testing, this isn't for me, even though the lasting power is impressive for an EDC.

No comments:

Post a Comment