Monday, July 30, 2018

CK One Review

I think that it's time for a blast from the past. When I was in high school, the girls (myself included) mainly wore Happy, Pleasures and Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon. But then I remembered that CK One was something popular. CK One didn't seem to be hugely popular with the girls in terms of it being worn but seemed to be popular with the guys. Even though it's marketed as unisex. For some reason, I find androgynous a better term and a little classier than unisex.

When I was looking for a list of notes, I found that it was launched in 1994, shortly before I  hit middle school so maybe that's why I didn't smell a whole lot of it. I do remember seeing a ton of Calvin Klein ads for this and a few other offerings that were unleashed at this time. Black and white commercials in the age of color TV is pretty memorable.

CK One starts out with a whole lot of fresh cut lime on me. Which is pretty unusual since I can't find lime listed anywhere on the official list of notes so it's probably the pineapple and bergamot creating that note. After a couple minutes, I get hints of of cedar and maybe a little musk but the biggest thing that I noticed is how green in was and how linear that it is. There is no development One is pretty much the same from when you first apply it to when it peters out into nothing on skin. I don't remember ever owning a bottle but I might have but I think that my sister did have a small bottle of it that I snuck a small squirt. So yes, not a whole lot of change from the beginning to the end. It's pleasant, easy to wear and dirt cheap on FragranceNet and maybe a little pricier on Amazon but the 6.7 ounce is the most bang for your buck no matter what. For an EDT, the lasting power and projection is pretty decent, about five and a half to six hours on skin. I'm not impressed enough to own a bottle, even for old times sake but a decant will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment