Monday, May 30, 2011

Chanel no 19 Perfume Review

I made a blind buy of getting Chanel no. 19. When I got an e-mail from Chanel saying that they were selling the perfume version of no. 19 in the U.S., I made the impulse buy. For a good long while, no. 19 was only available in the US in eau de toilette.

It initially starts out as a sharp, green, rose then mellows out to a powdery rose. Chanel no. 19 is somewhat reserved though. I have a hard time finding a rose dominant perfume that I really do enjoy but I do enjoy Chanel's no. 19. My skin will turn a rose scent into something weird smelling, but not no. 19. When I wear no. 19, I feel confident. This type of perfume seems to give the impression of this woman is not afraid to let people know what she wants and expects. Chanel no. 19 wears pretty close to the skin but the longevity is about 10-12 hours or more on my skin, which I do enjoy. It seems to be a good year round scent.

Chanel no. 19 eau de perfum is sold through the Chanel website (I don't know about Chanel counters at department stores). Unfortunately, it is only sold as a 3.4 ounce bottle. That is my gripe due to the fact that I am usually after the smaller bottles not larger. Chanel no. 19 is a perfume that is going to stay in my perfume collection, granted that Chanel doesn't discontinue having the eau de parfum in it's regular lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment