Friday, June 3, 2011

Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan Review

For the longest time, I have been afraid of any perfume that has been described as animalistic and or skanky. Reason being that I don't want to smell like I haven't taken a bath in a few days. I have read a lot of mixed reviews of Serge Lutens's Muscs Koublai Khan. Some said that there was a huge fecal note or barn yard element. After ditching some of my fear, I ordered a 2.5 ml decant from The Perfumed Court. And for the past 2 weeks, I've been afraid of trying it out. But yesterday afternoon, I was in a mad dash to meet a friend, so this was the first thing I grabbed and sprayed on. I don't find it to be dirty or animalistic. I find it to be more of a sensual perfume. Sensual as in one is not afraid of being a sensual person. I find that MKK is a little dirty because it doesn't fit into the mold of squeaky-clean category.

MKK is kind of a mellow perfume that doesn't really announce itself, someone has to be close to you to really smell MKK. I was a little disappointed in they staying power of MKK because after 5 hours, I couldn't smell it on myself. I kind of expect that out of an eau de toilette but not an eau de parfum. Is it full bottle worthy for me? I find it decant worthy so far, but I am undecided on if it truly is bottle worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment