Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chanel no. 5 Parfum Review

It has taken me a while to warm up to Chanel no. 5.When I first tried it at the age of 23, I disliked it immensely. I did try it in a department store and I used the lotion. The reason why I didn't like it at the time is because I was used to flowery perfumes and my nose wasn't too developed. Then, a few years later, I took the plunge to try no. 5 again but in parfum form. I simply cannot be without the parfum form of no. 5. I love Chanel no. 5 in eau de parfum but I am madly in love with no. 5 in it's parfum form. I find it to be deeper and richer than any other version. In pure parfum form, the aldehydes still fizz and sparkle but no. 5 pure parfum has more of a floral element that I haven't really noticed (or paid attention) until now. I do enjoy having the flowers out a little more but I do have a strong love of aldehydes and the flowers give them a boost and compliment the aldehydes. I don't consider Chanel no. 5 to be a bombshell fragrance. No. 5 is not meant to seduce the other sex, in my opinion. I consider it a perfume for a bookworm or those lounging around the house with a fire going.

No comments:

Post a Comment