Saturday, February 11, 2012

Deneuve Parfum Review

I have not explored the chypre family like some. Of course, Coty's Chypre and Guerlain's Mitsouko are considered the golden standard of what chypres are. But I can see how Deneuve fits into the classic chypre form. For the past six months or more, I was flirting with the idea of getting a decant of Deneuve. What did hold me up was the price of even the EDT version. When I found the that the Perfumed Court had an 8ml decant of this in parfum form for a reasonable price, I was in.

It's rare for me to be blown away by any perfume, but I am blown away by Deneuve. It has that classic chypre feel and smell, but doesn't have the dreaded dated smell to it. In the beginning, I notice a nice blast of aldehydes that drifts off into the rose and hyacinth note. I'm talking probably the most realistic hyacinth flower note that I've smelled. The rose and hyacinth stick around for quite a long time and I think that is part of the reason why I am blown away. Lasting power is about 12 hours and sticks somewhat close to the skin. If Deneuve were not discontinued, I would buy a bottle in a heartbeat. But I am contemplating getting another large decant of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment